What Is The FIFA #UltimateQuaranTeam?
With no live football to watch on television, professional football clubs have turned to an online FIFA tournament and Paddy Power have odds available!
In a time when it felt like we wouldn’t see our favourite clubs play again for a long time, that has all changed… sort of.
All football across England was postponed last week until April 3rd. Amidst the boredom of it all, Leyton Orient has come to the rescue. They have started the FIFA Ultimate QuaranTeam competition.
So far, 128 clubs have signed up to the FIFA 20 competition which will be knock out to decide which club is the best. Teams from all over the world have signed up, such as Man City, Atalanta, AFC Ajax and even Sydney!
The competition has been set up to help teams in England who will struggle during this period of no football. Fans can donate money through a JustGiving page. 75% of it will go to the EFL to distribute, with the other 25% split between the MIND charity and COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fundraiser by WHO.
🗞️ Just to keep everyone up to date…
We’re working hard to get everything sorted, and will be in touch with all clubs tomorrow.
We can confirm that we are looking for the First Round to start this *Sunday*
Which game are you most looking forward to? 🤔#UltimateQuaranTeam pic.twitter.com/RqQ9q6JXhO
— Leyton Orient (@leytonorientfc) March 18, 2020
The games start this Sunday and each of them can be watched via the clubs twitter pages. They are also going to be live-streamed on Twitch. Clubs will be represented by a variety of players such as fans, E-Sports sports players and first teams, Andros Townsend for example.
Paddy Power have odds available with Sheffield United the 5/1 favourites, as they apparently have an E-Sports pro. Orlando Pirates and Orlando City are two of 13 teams priced at 100/1. Palace, who have Townsend playing for them are at 33/1.
These odds will obviously change as the tournament progresses so it could be worth backing teams before this Sunday’s first round.
BET £20 AND GET IT BACK AS CASH IF IT LOSES
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any market at odds of min 2.0 (EVS) and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware.org. #ad. Please bet responsibly.